I did a little research and found it. It was just down the street from us. It is a restaurant that trains young people and provides knowledge and skills to help overcome poverty and prejudice and...it is delicious.
We got there and the place was hopping, thriving. It was such a pleasure to see education working in such a smart and meaningful way. We had an authentic restaurant experience and got to try authentic southern dishes like a crawfish po'boy, collard greens with pork and the most AMAZING bananas foster bread pudding. It was topped with this amazing cross between ice cream and whipped cream that I could not figure out the culinary construction of. It also fed my soul which was starved!
I don't have a pic of my soul, but I think you might see its reflection in the bread pudding...and yes...I shared it with John.


No comments:
Post a Comment